I honestly don’t know what to say about this year besides that it was grand—a literal dreamwalk through my wants and desires. I accomplished, worked on, and did a shit ton of work over the past year. Writing it down in a list form like below helped me see just how much I’ve accomplished and where my efforts went. Even though I didn’t accomplish all I set out to do this year, I still learned so much from where I failed.
I could probably go on about this year, but I don’t want to or maybe don’t have the time.
Onward and forward or whatever.
2022 may look like this or it may be a much smaller list of accomplishments, but my hope is that I keep publishing consistently (and so far, I will be with over 24 pieces slated for publication over the upcoming months).
In the next couple of weeks, I should have a 2022 yearly goal post up that followers can use to keep track of what all I’m working on over the year. If you aren’t already following me, my blog, and my journey, consider subscribing via email on the side to get weekly updates of where and what I’m publishing, working on, and discovering.
- Finished editing Out of the Machine
- Went out on query
- Got 2 full requests from editors
- Started working with Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment
- Have been getting more referals and business
- I got published in an anthology
- Had a short story turned into an audio drama
- Facebook author page
- Edited 4 magazines
- Got a new monthly column-Into the Night
- Started writing reviews for Lightspeed Magazine
- Sold over 70 stories
- Got published by Tordotcom, Lightspeed, FIYAH, The Writer
- Sold pieces to Writer’s Digest
- Began learning Unity and C#
- Setup my business website for Haus of Three Crows
- Started 2 newsletters
- Was invited to partake in Infostack’s Writer’s Craft 3.0
- Did a virtual reading from both my poetry and short story collections
- Became a senior fiction editor at Strange Horizons
- Learned how to code in Twine
- Created 3 creative writing masterclasses
- Wrote and published 2 games
- Compiled and edited 2 collections of my work
- Was nominated for a Hugo for the work I did with Strange Horizons
- Went on a solo writing retreat in the mountains
- Broke into 6 dream publications
- Narrowed downed MFA programs I want to apply to in the next couple of years