Like the title of the post says, these are all of writing goals. I have more personal life goals that I set and want to achieve, but these are the ones related to my professional career.
Sell 15 pieces
- So, to date, I’ve sold about 20 stories. You can check some of them out over on my credits page. March 15 update.
Teach a workshop, class, or course
- I have several classes and workshops planned out for the next few months. They are on hold at the moment due to Covid-9 and Social Distancing. You can check for updates to those over on my classes page. March 15 update.
Put 10 stories on Amazon for sale
- Instead of putting 10 stories up on Amazon, I’ve been working with an already established author helping produce stories for their Amazon author page. March 15 update.
- Serialize ‘Spun’ on this site
- There was a chance that I would start planning and plotting this book later this month, but am behind on my planned timelines for Out of the Machine and Monsters I have Known. So, I’ve decided to push this back until after either one of them is done and moved to the next stage in its development. March 15 update.
- Query + Sell ‘Out of the Machine’
- I’m still in the editing stage of Out of the Machine, and it’s nowhere near querying level. March 15 update.
- Write + Finish final draft of ‘Monsters I Have Known’
- Still in the first chapter, though I have crossed 60,000 words….only 100,000 more to go. March 15 update.
- Apply to MFA programs
- Honestly, I’m on the fence about this being a thing that I should do. I’ll explore this in a later post. March 15 update.
Apply to Clarion West
- Sent off my application back in February and am waiting/suffering to hear a response. March 15 update.
- Find a literary agent
- There’s a couple that I have saved for when I’m ready to send stuff out. Now, I just have to decide what book I want to send out to agents. March 15 update.
Get at least $100 from Patreon a month
- Slowly building this up. Right now I’m at 40! So, close. March 15 update.
- Got a new job that pays me well, so I suspended my Patreon for the time being and made everything free on there April 8 update
Some of these I’m pretty much already part way through or have gotten a head start on in this last month so am on target to completing a lot of these goals. Here’s to 2020 and the end to a decade.